Tuesday, August 09, 2005

phew! that was fun!!!

Well I'm back from CKU-A in Provo, UT. And WOW What a blast. It was my second CKU and I have to say, I loved Album so much more than the standard CKU. I can't wait to go again. I was so so so much better than I imagined.

My main class, or "track" as it's called was "A week in the life" taught by Ali Edwards. It was amazing. She was amazing. So laid back and smart and funny and real. I (I'll admit) wanted to be her. How silly is that!?!?

But back to the class, before attending we were to document our lives for week. We were to carry our camera around and shoot everything. We were to write down what we ate during the day, what we observed, what we were grateful for and gather 'stuff' that accumulated during the week.

yeah...I did do all that. haha imma loser. I started on Monday and was sick of it by Tuesday afternoon. It was HARD!!! But I did get enough to capture what happens during my week. And I'm habitual enough to fill in the blanks. There's something to be said about doing the same thing day in and day out.

aaaaanyway, this album was intense. It was intricate and very personal. And I FINISHED IT! simply love it. It's simple and so not 'deep', which I love. It has nearly nothing about my kids, or work, or Peter or my friends. It's about ME. All the little things that make up me. My need for visine in the morning. How I eat the same breakfast E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E D-A-Y. How I'm grateful for cubed ice and scented candles. You know, the important stuff :) It's silly and fun and light and could'nt have had it any other way.

So I'm back and trying to get into the groove of real life after so carefully scrapbooking my 'real' life. And after freaking out on my email buddies (sorry y'all) about the mess I came home to I'm feeling okay and ready to start again.

like I said, phew! That was fun :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

That sounds really cool - I've been wondering how the whole "A" thing works out!

Glad you enjoyed making an album about YOU! You rock!