Tuesday, July 10, 2007

well I suppose I should update

I'm here. Back from the va-cay-cay. Everything now is nay-nay or cay-cay. It's my thing, this week. It started cuz my (super duper cute) niece is just a crack up. She does all sorts of crazy accents and impersonations all the time. She pretty much made me laugh the entire time I was on vacation. Anyway, there's this new (new to us) card game called "hand and foot" (quickly renamed a billion times to "hand/foot/mouth disease" or "tooth and nail" or "mitten and boot" you get the drift) And in it you make "canastas" which - naturally - she called "ca-nay-nays" and our white slang was born.


The main reason for our trip was for the family reunion. Everyone showed up on Saturday. It was pretty damn cool. I love Peter's family. Seeing everyone reminds me how lucky I am to have him (sheesh - easy on the sap michelle)



here's the chillins sporting the reunion shirts I designed in like 15 minutes - Peter 'forgot' the dealine for the art and I had to do it crazy fast. Like, he called in the morning "honey? can you get the art for the shirts to the printer by noon?" My reply, "honey...what art?" niiiiiice. But I think it turned out cute. Everyone seemed to like them. Bummer you can't see the front logo thing. It's kinda cute too.

aaaaaaaaayway, I'm back. Had a GREAT time. Didn't do a damn thing. Well, not true, I ate, and drank, and ate some more and played "hand and mouth" and "nertz". Ever played Nertz? It's like speed solataire. CRAZY FUN. but beware. If you play it with your young, brilliant and lightning fast - both in mind and hand - niece you WILL get your ass kicked. okay, back to the nothingness that I did. I didn't even jet ski. That's east SYYYDE water is chilly folks. My 85 degrees loving ass wasn't having any part of that shiat. So at the table I sat. and I love every lazy ass minute of it.

OH!! I also played the guitar hero or whatever game on their XBOX. COMPLETELY addicted. MUST. HAVE. ONE. If anyone has this game PLEASE let me know. I'll pay to play it. It's super freaking cool.

Here are some picture for your viewing pleasure! haha

Here's the view from the lake house. Pretty much the sun as it is everwhere. :) Really just proof that I did, in fact, leave. LOL


Sarah being the show-off that she is. Someone (peter probably) put Emily's bikini on her and she strutted around with it on. What a hammy, man I love her.


Noah and Sarah on the pontoon boat going out to watch the fireworks. We were on a rather big lake. It's shaped like a 4 leaf clover so there's LOTS of lake front property - which equals lots of houses - which equals LOTS of boats. I think everyone was on the lake for the show. It was a darn nice show too. Nothing like sitting on a boat, drinking a beer, floating with thousands of other people celebrating our country's birthday.


Kate with the craziest dog ever, Mocha. Katie just loved her. Everyone else, not so much haha. This picture was taken at nearly 10 at night. It gets dark there SUPER LATE. It's freaky. And REALLY hard for those of us who go crazy if our kids aren't down at 7:30. They were up so late it was bananas.

There should be more pictures later this week. Most on on Peter's computer cuz we were fancy like that. Then he took his laptop to OK with him, punk ass. So this is all eyezz gotz (yeah, sorry, no idea why I'm talking like this LOL)

Not much else going on. Pumping away on the book. Work is frantic, as usual. Kids are good. and I'm back at the gym...working off all that sitting, and eating, and drinking :)

finally, for the record, I want an ipod. Not cuz I really need one. Or would ever use it. But they just work nice. They feel nice and are well engineered. and y'all know how I can't resist a product that is smooth and works right (don't go there shanna. hooker!)

and a final, FINAL note - mostly to myself. Take a freaking photography class, would ya!?!?! Them some crappy skillz going on there. Light is your friend - LEARN ABOUT IT DAYUM!

peace out yo! Shell-nay-nay has left the building :)

6 comments:

angiedunn said...

so, your kids are GROWN UP and SO CUTE it's OUT OF CONTROL! I love them. And I'm glad you had fun. And I'm glad that Chloe called you yesterday, 'cause it was good to hear your voice,yo.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I love the picture with the crazy dog! It looks like a Jack Russell Terrorist and yes, those dogs are freakin' out of their minds. Adorable but high energy.

I vote YAY for the iPod. I also specificall vote for the Shuffle. So tiny and easy. I love mine and tell everyone I know to get one. Cheap too!

Kerry said...

I'll second the ipod. I don't know how I lived without one.

I LOVE the vacay-cay stories! It sounds like you had a great time, and I don't blame you about the jet ski. That water sounds way too cold for us AZ people!

Great pictures! Oh, and that logo on the shirt is WAY COOL!

Anonymous said...

Shell-nay-nay??????? if you keep that s$%# up, I won't bother to complain about "nappy nap"!!! LOL
Okay, I know that we are all our own worst critics, but DAYUM, lighten up a little bit on yourself, with the photography thing, please?? You do a great job, but you can make goals for yourself . . . always room for improvement, right??
You are hilarious, Michelle . . . why not call yourself Mishaniqua, or Mishay-nay! Love ya, girl!
Kaelene
Your children are so cute, and

Anonymous said...

I guess I should finish my thought about your kids . . . you don't have to worry about those photos, cuz the subject matter is DARLING!!
Love
Kay kay
(and I had that name LONG before you went on vay-cay!!)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home biz-natch. Hope you're all rejuvenated and sctuff. Love the photos.... however.... the quality sucks really bad. You should seriously consider taking some photography classes.

"I can't resist a product that is smooth and works right" <------BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Nuff said.