So I was getting ready to post something when I ran across Shanna's latest post with this cute little questionaire. Seeing as my 'something' I was going to blog about hadn't really formed in my head I thought I'd do this :) Thanks Shanna!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Given that choice. Hot Chocolate. Not GROG nog's another story.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wraps them up. (just ask Maddy)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? BOTH!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? I'd love to sat the beginning of December, but I'd be lying to myself. It's usually just before they HAVE to be up.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cadburry Cream Eggs - oops, wrong holiday
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? This is on the top 10. I was about 6, bro was 5. Grandma (who I realized even at 6 wasn't really 'fun loving') was in town. On Christmas Eve night someone (my mom?) took us out for ice cream. Grandma rushed to the door when we got home saying we'd JUST missed Santa. "come look! Come look" she said, "Santa was here, you can see his footprints on the hearth! OH I WISH you could have seen him" (Dad did it too, but I remember Grandma more because it seemed out of character for her, which made it all the more believable) They pulled out ALL the presents, filled the stockings and ate the cookies and milk we'd left out. They even put footprints of soot on the hearth of the fireplace. Looking back I don't know why we weren't sad about having missed Santa. I just know we weren't. It was super cool! super cool!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? Can't remember the age I figured out Santa wasn't a real person. I just remember my parents explaining that even though he's not REAL his presence is very real. And the "he is magic"
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Mostly with lights. Like a billion lights. Love the lights. Then lots of balls, either all silver or all gold. Currently we're doing silver.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's nice, in pictures.
12. Can you ice skate? pretty sure that's a no.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't really have one. My most remembered gift is probably the roll top desk my parents gave me when I was about 15? 16? ALWAYS wanted one. still have it actually. I'd say that was my favorite but I really do love each and every gift. (man that sound hokey)
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Sharing it with Peter, my kids, my dad and brother.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan Pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We don't have many hard and fast traditions, yet. I do, however, love that my dad hand squeezes fresh orange juice from our tree Christmas morning.
17. What tops your tree? An angel with a big flowy dress.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love the time experience of Christmas. I won't lie, I like receiving. I also like giving, but I'm kinda bad at it. Dunno why, so sometimes it a lot of stress to find that perfect gift. And once I do hear comes my brother with like the KICK ASS gift. He's a great gift giver!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? they're okay.