Wednesday, November 02, 2005

trick or treat

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Here they are, my little angels. Who weren't angels at all. At least not in costume. :)

We had a fabulous time on Halloween. The kids were, in fact, angels. I couldn't have asked for better behavior from them. Noah finally got into it. I was starting to wonder about him. But he's 6 now and ran around totally getting into the whole thing. He dug it all. The decorated houses. The candy (duh). The other kids. He even gave a respectful "thank you" at each house. That's my boy!

Sarah didn't quite get it. We had to pursuade her to go up to the door, then we'd have to coax her to leave the door. This happened every time, which caused us to skip many houses. Which is fine by us because she doesn't even see the candy at all anyway. So the less she has the less we have to eat. Even though it was slow going she seemed to really have fun.

And finally, Kate. Yeah, she slept! She was cute doing it though! :)

We also got a good bunch of trick-or-treaters, so I'm told by my brother, his girlfriend and her 'Granny' who stood post at our house while we went out as a whole (thanks guys!) Our neighborhood has been known to have many (okay hundreds) of kids (okay young adults) trucked in for the "good" candy. I guess we have a reputation. Or we did anyway. There seemed to be less this year. That or I'm just getting used to it and it didn't bother me. Which is fine with me too.

So that was our evening in a nutshell. Had a great time and there wasn't a nasty candy corn in sight. So I'm left with pics of cute kids and good candy. :)

1 comment:

Deanna Payne said...

Michelle,
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how pretty Sarah is getting.
Deanna