Thursday, July 21, 2005

"junior's dad was smooshed and died"

Yep, that's what he said. My 6 year old little boy who, because of his dad likes Nascar, calmly explained to me that his favorite driver "Junior's Dad" is still his favorite. This is despite the fact that he isn't driving anymore because he "ran into a wall and was smooshed and died".

When he got a little sad that he would never see his favorite driver on the track again he said, "but it's okay Mommy because he's right here next to me. Everyone in Heaven is right here next to me. Junior's Dad, my grandmas, God and Jesus too." Our conversation about a terrible car crash ended with my son, and me, quietly smiling about all those 'by our side.'

Today I felt like I've done something right. I needed that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH Michelle! Isn't it grand that the little ones in our lives we are so blessed with give us gentle reminders of our wonderous purpose here on this messed up planet? That is soooo sweet! You are a wonderful mommy!

There.......ya see that space up there between this paragraph and the one above??? I actually hit the return key for ya!!! Now if I could only remember to hit spell-check on my Blog entries!!! Hmmmmmmm :) Shanna

Mimi said...

Tee hee! What a sweetie!

Maddy said...

Awwwwww, he is too sweet.

I'm sending my kids over there for the day ;)