Tuesday, July 12, 2005

it's official

I can't keep up.

Not sure how it happened...that I keep falling behind. But it does. It's maddening and frustrating and confusing all at the same time.

I tell myself, and my boss who's frustrated that my #'s are down, and my husband who's angry because SRP came to the door, and friends who NEVER get thank you notes from me, and the lawn man who wants paid - for the last 2 months, and the dry cleaner who's doing a rush order "for the last time this time" for me because I forgot to drop of Peter's shirts 2 days ago, that I'll do better. I tell them all that it's because I've been pregnant for 2 years. I say it again and again like someday it will become truth.

I lie to myself that between Kindergarden and karate and dentists and shots and meetings and work and play and this and the other thing that I'll somehow get it all done.

then I forget...

then it's too late....

and I beat myself up.
.
.
.
.
.
how do y'all do it? How do you update your blogs with amazing and funny or touching and heartfelt stories? How do you cook meals for your family that include all the food groups? Or hell, even half of the food groups? How do you handmake incredibly thoughtful gifts to give to your friends and family for no other reason than they are around? How do you keep your car clean, your house clean, your children clean, your SELF clean??? How do you reply to every RSVP, send out birthday cards, thank you cards, Christmas cards, baby shower cards, wedding cards, graduation cards, thinking of you cards, just for the halibut cards????? aauughhh!!!

how? I can't do it. I can't do HALF of it.

....yeah...it's been an overwhelming day. or decade.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

My kids growing older has definitely helped. That, and a DH who cooks!