Tuesday, March 25, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH BEAR
Today Noah is 9. I can hardly believe it. I know everyone says their children are miracles, and we all are right, but this (not so) little boy has truly changed my life. He's made me a better person. He's made me more thankful. He saved me from myself. All by just being.
So this post is just for you, Bear. Thanks babe, for being you. I hope you have a terrific day!!! To copy what my super smart and clever friends do, ere are NINE things that I adore about you - in on particular order.
1. You are super compassionate. Even as a little baby you cared when others were hurt or sad and would do your best to comfort them. You've already seen Mommy in some pretty sad places and you've always known exactly how and to comfort me. I truly believe this is your most valuable asset.
2. You have the best manners ever. Everyone compliments you about how gracious you are. I sometimes even get the credit for it. While I wish I could take that credit, I have to say that's just how you are. You actually care to be polite. I've helped, but you pretty much came out that way.
3. You try your best at everything you do. Even those things that don't come easily for you, you try. We've talked about this, I don't expect perfection from you. I just expect that you try, and you (pretty much always) do.
4. You love your sisters and include them in your life. No, wait, You LIKE your sisters. That's almost more important. You are prone to love them because you are related, it takes a decision on your part to like them and want to spend time with them. Next to Daddy, you will be the most important boy in their life. Some might worry about this, but I'm confident you won't have a problem living up to that role.
5. You prefer vanilla ice cream over any other flavor, just like me. Add caramel and we're in heaven. I can't wait until our next one-on-one Dairy Queen Trip.
6. You can throw a hard, straight, perfectly aimed ball from short stop to first base for the out! Who am I kidding? You can do pretty much anything on the baseball field!
7. You a major goodball, and proud of it! I love it when you and I goof off in the car, laughing our heads off!
8. You let me take pictures of you whenever I want. You sit for me while I test out photoshoot settings and only complain a little bit about it (and you don't charge me!)
9. You love everyone, and allow them to love you. You are always the kid everyone likes and wants to hang with but yet, you would never brag about that. If would never know by talking with you that you had a ton of friends. You have a way of making the person you are with feel like they are the most important person in the room. Funny thing is, you have no idea that you do that. Which makes it all the better.
WE LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!!
Posted by Michelle at 1:24 PM